Every Baker Street inspection is performed within the Standards of Practice
and Code of Ethics of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors. This is
your assurance that our inspectors have the knowledge, experience and
technical expertise to make a thorough visual assessment of your home. It
ensures fairness and impartiality to all parties involved in a real estate
Qualified members of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors have the
exclusive right to call themselves Registered Home Inspectors, or RHI's
under the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors Act, 1994 (The Ontario
Government Bill 158).
The Act and the by-laws:
RHI's must meet specific criteria in the areas of:
- Define a home inspection through the standards of practice
- Establish membership criteria
- Set out a Code of Conduct
- Provide for regulation of the profession through the disciplinary process
What does this mean to the Consumer, Realtor, Lawyer and Banker?
- Technical Background
What is best of all, our background in renovations enable us to provide accurate cost
estimates, remodelling advice and recommended repair methods. Should you require more information, please call (416) 483-3535
- Enhance professional image: putting people in touch with home inspection professionals reinforces your relationship with clients
- More protection for you: you reduce your liability for both the condition of the home and the quality of the inspector you recommend when you direct people to members of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors.
- More protection for the home buyer: all Registered Home Inspectors have proven ability and technical experience.